Friday, September 30, 2011

Hybrid Friday: Halloween Milk Carton Treat Box



Hello there! This week, my hybrid creation was inspired by this post on the hybrid chic. I created my own milk carton box using danimoy designs's Spooktacular kit. I am going to use it for our annual Halloween party :)


First, I used the milk carton template in PSE9, and created a halloween house scene. I started with an orange background paper that mimicked a siding and roofing. I used purple ribbon to make a fence, added a window with ribbon curtains inside, trees and two pumpkins, two trick or treaters and a Happy Halloween sign. Then, I printed it out on white cardstock and cut it out. I also used my paper cutter to score the folding lines for a cleaner look.


I glued the side strip down and it created the rectangular piece of the box. 


Then I simply folded the bottom pieces together to make the bottom of the box. I decided not to glue these down and leave it open, so I could later place some candies inside!


I folded and glued the top part together and ended up with this!! 


It was such a fun and easy hybrid project and it will make such a great treat box for our Halloween party too!! Thanks for looking and see you next week!