Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Couponing Anyone?

So I decided to try couponing! Who doesn't want to save a buck?

I have always read Pamela Donnis' blog and have been amazed when she posts pictures of what she's gotten and how cheap it was! Like diapers for FREE!! Who doesn't want free diapers? So she made a post about Extreme Couponing I read it and was like well I think I can do this!

So first I read through Colin's Couponing 101 on Hip2Save and then I read The Krazy Coupon Lady's series 10 days to become a KCL.

After reading through both I started to set up my google reader with blogs like Pam suggested. I added the Krazy Coupon Lady and Hip 2 Save of course! I also searched for people who blog about the local grocery stores I shop at (Wegmans and Price Chopper) and added them to my reader.

I then set up my binder like The Krazy Coupon Lady Suggested and used her print outs to organize it. I called and got my subscription for the Sunday paper times 2. Sunday I got my papers clipped my coupons and organized them and was so excited I looked through to do some of my own match ups. Then I read the blogs I was following to find more!

Then I twisted my sisters arm Sunday night and made her go to CVS with me lol (I took her to practice driving first so it was a fair deal). And here's what I got ... sorry no pics!

I did 3 transactions:

1st:
Campbell's Chunky Soup were 4 for $5
I used 2 $1/2 Coupons
Total: $3
I had $2 in ECB's on my old card from when i was in high school that my mom actually uses now so I had to use these separate since it was a different card.
Paid: 25 cents a can.

2nd:
2 Colgate Total tooth paste at $2.99 each
I used one (wish i had 2) $1/1 coupon
1 8 Pack Mac 3 disposable razors on sale for $15
I used 1 $3/1 Coupon
1 Bag of Bach Candy Corn $0.99
I used 1 $1/1 coupon
Paid: $16.98 + Tax
Earned: 10.98 in ECB's ... I don't count those as a savings on this order although i know many people do but I'm not one to count my chicks before the eggs are hatched.

3rd:
Lipton Tea at 2/$6
9 2 liters of Pepsi at $1 Each
Quaker Instant Oatmeal 2/$5
Total before Coupons: $20
I used a CVS Coupon for $4/$20 purchase
and 2 $2/1 Coupons for the oatmeal
This brought my total to Total:$12
I rolled over my $10.98 from my ECB's from my previous purchase
I paid 1.02 +tax and bottle deposit for the soda
Earned: $7 in ECB's

The ECB's from the 3rd purchase we actually ended up going to a different CVS after we realized Rite Aid was closed(where I was planning on getting some candy) and got some candy
I think they were $4.99 a bag for Mars Fun Sized candy and I had 2 coupons which equaled about $4 (I don't remember the specifics) so I paid less than $4 a bag for the 3 bags.

Then Monday I went to Rite Aid because I really needed some Shampoo and they had some great deals. I did 2 Transactions there.
1st:
2 Bottles of John Freida Beautiful Brunet $4.99 each
I used 2 $2/1 Coupons
Paid: 6.78
Earned: $2 in rewards

2nd:
2 Bottles Gain Dish Soap $0.89 each
I used 2 $1/1 Coupons
2 Bottles Herbal Essence Shampoo 2/$5
I used 2 $1/1 Coupons
I used my $2 from the previous transaction
Paid: $0.78 +Tax

Sweet Success if you ask me!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I used to do that! It was so fun to buy $100 worth of stuff and only pay $0.25. You have to play it right to only buy stuff that gives you money back. The employees at one store thought it was so fun and had no idea how I did it:-) It's addictive...be careful! hehe, just kidding!