Monday, February 21, 2011

Meal Planning Monday

So I decided to take the plunge and start Meal Planning for the week. Last night we did what seemed like impossible and went through all of our food and put it all in to a spread sheet. Now we know what we have and don't have at a quick glance. This took us a few hours last night and a lot of griping but as long as we keep up with it and take things off as we use them and add them on when we buy them I think it will be very helpful to us.

I babysit until 6pm 5 days a week and I always struggle at 6 pm to try to figure out what to make for dinner. So now the plan is each Sunday night we will plan the next 7 days of Dinners based on what we have (and we can pick up the few things we may need). This way I don't get frazzled and tell my oldest that it's going to be Cereal for dinner.

So this week's Meal Plan:

Monday - Grilled BBQ Pork Chops & Asparagus
Tuesday - Baked Tilapia with Avocado and Tomato & Sweet Potato Fries (This is our family dinner night with my mom, dad (when he's home) and little sister so my mom will be bringing something as well.)
Wednesday - Beef Stir Fry
Friday - Left Overs
Saturday - Spanish Rice
Sunday - Chicken Cacciatore with Pasta

No comments: